There are two ways from which one can earn by writing articles, i.e. upfront payment and page views. The article below discusses about the pros and cons of both the earning methods.
Page views earnings
There are many sites like expertscolumn, wikinut etc, which pay on page views basis. They pay for each view generated by the article.
- The article once written can be republished on other websites provided they allow.
- If you write articles on hot topics, you can get more traffic to articles and thus increase the earnings.
- One can earn lifetime revenue from the articles.
- Page views require longer time to earn money compared to upfront payment earnings.
- Page views, earning requires a little chore like checking for views daily, promoting the articles on Facebook, twitter etc, for these we have to make more friends on these social-networking sites, all these may consume more time.
- This method involves more risk factors, as the earning is dependent on viewers and website popularity. If the website loses it popularity, surely the traffic to the article decreases, which in turn affects the earnings.
- One has to write new articles, to show the presence on the website and it is necessary to get views for our older articles also.
- Some of the websites delete the account, if the author is not active for longer time.
In this method,the articles are given one time credits and the websites doesn’t share revenue with the author in future. In these websites, one has to submit his/her unique articles which are reviewed and paid at once.
- It is helpful to earn money quickly.
- The author is freed by getting upfront payment as there is no need to worry about the ‘article views’ in future.
- The articles which got upfront payment cannot be republished on other websites.
- There is a probability that an article can earn more from page views than upfront payment earnings.
You may like: